Stuff to brag about
Still working on this page. Bragging doesn’t come natural to me.
I got to teach art materials and techniques to adults with developmental disabilities. They taught me many lessons about life and art. Here’s a little about the program…
Art Matters is designed to teach new artists entry skills in visual arts. This class consists of drawing, painting, photography, printmaking, sculptural exploration and collage/construction skills. Each artist is evaluated individually to determine when they are ready to acquire new skills.
Our Vision and Goals:
- Contribute to the advocacy of artistic and human rights of people with disability.
- Encourage and assist people with disabilities to fulfill their life ambitions through the creative process.
- Foster independence.
- Assist and develop individual’s growth and creative ability through opportunities to experiment with a variety of art forms and with the broad range of artists in our community.
- Promote accessibility to visual arts facilities and venues.
- Use the visual arts to develop awareness of a person’s ability and worth within the broader community.
- Assist people with disabilities to integrate into visual arts activities within this program and into the surrounding arts communities.
- Support and assist individual artists with disabilities to professionally exhibit and market their work, thereby generating income for the artist.
For more information please contact:
Lauri Sturdivant ~ email@example.com
Tatiana Diakoff ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
Nickki Lee Hill ~ email@example.com
The Art Matters Program is a fiscally sponsored project of
Far Northern Regional Center and the Siskiyou Arts Council
Art Matters Student Gallery